Whilst the world is in turmoil, millions of Turkeys are to be beheaded in November 2017. Why? Why can’t there be peace on earth? Is it true that by eating Turkeys we are threatening world peace?
Turkeys threatening world peace?
In this most restless month of November 2015, where people seem to yearn increasingly for world peace, many wonder if it is actually attainable. The media is filled with reports of human violence like we witnessed in Paris last week and now in Turkey and Syria. Where does peace start?
Create a Peaceful World by becoming vegetarian
One thing to comprehend is the far-reaching implications of our food choices and what it does to our world. At first sight it may seem unlikely that what we put in our mouths has so much impact on our culture, but if we look closely, we begin to realize that our daily reality is immensely affected by our attitudes, beliefs and practices surrounding food. There are tremendous undervalued social, psychological and spiritual consequences to our meals that ripple through all aspects of our lives. Non-vegetarian food is not fit for human beings, we are, in essence, peaceful beings.
As compassion unfolds in us, we let go of the delusion that we can ever ultimately improve our own welfare by harming another living being, and instead begin to yearn to be a force for blessing others and the world. Awakening from the old story that breeds domination, we see that the more we bless and help others, the more joy and meaning we experience, and the more alive and in love we feel. (- Adapted from The World Peace Diet)
22 Facts About Turkeys
- Three hundred million turkeys are killed in the U.S. each year, many for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Baby turkeys are hatched in large incubators.
- They will never see their mothers. Here, they huddle around a heat lamp for warmth.
- After only a few weeks, turkeys are moved to large, windowless sheds …
- … which they share with thousands of other turkeys.
- They’ll all spend the rest of their lives there.
- At many farms, workers can treat birds however they wish.
- read them all on Peta.org
Say no thanks to Turkey
Remember, peace starts at your dinner table. Therefore: eat no Turkeys at Thanksgiving November 2017: and enjoy the Benefits of Being a Vegetarian. This will help world peace and Turkeys will be thankful.